Monday, December 3, 2007

Riley Elizabeth


Riley had such a great weekend. She is feeling so much better, and is up playing more and more everyday...and talking non stop. This is the Riley we are used to!!
Some of our friends in Brenham set up a blood drive for Riley this past Saturday, and it was such a huge success they have scheduled a make-up one for all the people that weren't able to wait in line. Thank you everyone who donated, and those who attempted to donate. Just the fact that you took time out of your day to come and sit in line to donate means the world to us. Riley had such a blast running around and playing...she was still talking about it yesterday. I believe I have heard a rumor that they are attempting to set one up for all the Hallettsville people, so I will let you know when I have a date for that one.
Riley informed me last night that she didn't need to go see the doctor anymore because she wasn't sick. I hated to break her heart and tell her we will still need to go see the doctor even when she feels good. I know that's a hard concept for children, but we want her to stay well...especially throughout the holidays.
Thank you again everyone...it was great to see all of you!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari - Riley is so beautiful. Your story brings tears to my eyes. She's a strong little girl and you have a wonderful family supporting you. Please let me know when the next blood drive is. Michael and I would like to give. We didn't get to make it this past weekend. Also, let me know when you come to TCH again. Just want to check in. Love, Cilla

Nancy said...

Mika Family,
Even people you don't know are taking your family and Riley to heart. My friend in Shiner does Mary's hair and shared Riley's story with me after meeting Riley. I am thankful to you for sharing her with all of us.
I especially appreciate her middle name, as mine is Elizabeth also. I am named after a very special Elizabeth that I know is in heaven helping with Riley.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers as you make this journey.
God bless you with strength.

Nancy Elizabeth

Jenn Kostelnik said...

Riley, you are such a beautiful and strong girl. We are so happy to hear that you are in remission and our prayers are being answered. We love you so much. Let us know when the H'ville blood drive will be. We will do anything in our power to help you get better. Can't wait to see you soon. Love, Timmy, Jenn, Katie and Karley
P.S. Doesn't your daddy look like Uncle Danny now?