Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school




Riley was so excited to go to school this morning. She popped out of bed, and rushed to get dressed. She kept telling Hayden to give her hugs and kisses because he was going to miss her today while she was at school. I think she did this with him at least 3 times in a course of 15 minutes. Hayden was funny this morning too, while I was trying to get pictures of Riley on her first day of school he insisted on being in the pictures with her but would not cooperate until I went and found him a backpack to put on...he wanted to go to school with his sissy.
I believe I handled the morning fairly well...I only started to get a little emotional once I parked the car to take her in. But she was so happy to be there, and couldn't get out of the car fast enough...so this helped to calm my nerves a little. Once we got in she found her friend Jillian, sat down by her and started coloring. I am super anxious to pick her up after work so I can hear all about her first day. I am still in shock that she is actually now in school...maybe by next week it will have all set in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Riley's first day of school! I know she had a fun time! I can't wait to hear all about it. Thank you, Kari, for coming to Josh and Carrie's shower. It really meant a lot to Josh to see both you and Jenni there. You girls are like his other sisters and it made his and Carrie's day even more special, so thank you so much. Can't wait for Vegas, baby! (that's what's you're supposed to say, right?!) It's going to be a hoot and a half! Give Riley a big hug and tell her way to go on her first day, big girl!...and tell Hayden his day is coming soon! We love you all so much, and can't wait to see you....SOON! 18 days! Try to talk your mom and dad in to coming! They could use a break, and we would love it!!! I hope Riley does well at her doctor visit. Keep us posted. Hugs and Kisses to all! Thanks again for driving in for Josh!.....Love, Dede