Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Were any of you brave enough to not wear green today? Riley was explaining to Hayden about St. Patrick's day in the car this morning, and when she told him you would get pinched if you weren't wearing green Hayden said "Oh No!" so dramatically. Lucky for him, he was wearing green!!

Things here are trucking along. Riley started back to school yesterday, although she wasn't very happy about it. She tried every excuse under the sun to get out of going. She was mostly worried that she wouldn't be able to walk fast enough in the line, when they go to the playground. I assured her I would ask her teacher to slow the line down, but that still wasn't good enough. We just needed to get back in the routine, and once she was there she was fine. This morning there were no excuses...she was excited to go back!!

Yesterday I was reading back on the blog, seeing where we were this time last year. I remembered we went to clinic on St. Patrick's day last year, but I had forgotten that was also the week Riley was admitted and ended up staying for almost 2 weeks. She slept the whole time, and lost the muscle in her legs. How could I have forgotten that? She was so weak she couldn't even roll herself over in bed...and now look at how far we have come!! The girl is amazing!!

March 17, 2008
Have a great week!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is awesome, and has amazing strength for such a little girl!!

:),
The "Other" Keri

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

:) You have an award waiting for you on my blog!