Friday, March 28, 2008

Trucking along

We are still enjoying our stay at Hotel TCH, room 919. Riley continues to better each day. She is eating more, and even staying awake more during the day. She has become very weak from not eating, and not moving around very much. The doctor was going to order a physical therapy evaluation here in our room. Riley can barely even walk the few steps from the bathroom, back to her bed. The muscle weakness is a side effect from the steroid, Dexamethasone...but is also from not using her legs in the 10 days we have been here.
Riley did great on the new anti fungal medicine yesterday...no reaction. Today's dose will be twice as much, in the same amount of time...so once again we will have to watch for reactions. And again if she remains fever free, and counts are improved in the morning...we may get to head for the hills. This morning her ANC was down again to 60.
Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Martha said...

Riley sounds like such a brave little girl! I'm praying that the fungus meds are just percuationary and that y'all do get to go home this weekend!
Martha

Anonymous said...

Kari, I am so sorry that y'all are still there. I hope and pray you will home tomorrow! Sounds like Riley is getting stronger every day. Please give her big hugs and kisses from Dede. I am going to Dallas tomorrow for Jake's birthday.....will be back on Sunday. Let me know what I can do to help. Love to all......Dede

Kerri Schaefer said...

Hope the Fung-Away works!!! I am sorry to hear the walking is hard for Riley-bug. It makes it so much worse for the mommy when the baby is not doing well. I will pray for endurance! Hope your next post is from home! We love you!!!

Kerri
carepages:buddhabelly