Saturday, March 29, 2008

We are Home!!

Our little princess was finally able to be discharged this morning. It took us a while to pack up, and then we were out of there around 12:30. Riley didn't seem too phased about it, but you couldn't pay me to stop smiling. It has been a little touch and go with the fever since we have been home. It is running around 99.8...so Riley has been instructed to think cold thoughts. So far it is working. We go back Monday to the clinic for a follow-up with Dr. Dreyer, and it will then be determined if her counts are high enough to receive the missed dose of Vincristine and Doxorubicin. Until then we will enjoy our time in our own house, and in our own bed without someone waking us up every hour or so. I think we've earned it.
Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Home sweet home....it has to feel so good! So happy for all of you! Keep thinking those cold thoughts, Riley! Give Hayden a kiss for me. I know he has missed you guys alot! We are praying, as always. Love and good thoughts to all...Dede

Anonymous said...

shorty said...HOME SWEET HOME...THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME! HALLEALUAH!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good works. Good things do come to those who wait. Lord knows you've waited a long time. I know that Mr. is happy that he has his mommy home. Give my man a big hug from Ms. Shorty. Tell the Lil Angel Ms. Shorty said hello and keep up the good work. Kari and Josh you both. God will see the two of you through with your little ones. Just hold on and be patient. It's all a learning experience. He has never left you nor has He forsaken you. I LOVE all of you guys.

Mandy said...

I would definately say you do deserve to enjoy your house for however long you are blessed to be there! I continue to pray for little Riley...hang in there.

Mandy

The Hatfield's said...

Kari-
You probably don't know me, but I grew up in Hallettsville and my family is friends with the Mika's. I haven't seen ya'll since your wedding, but I have continued to follow Riley's story since day 1. I am so amazed at how much courage and strength you and your family show, not only through your writings but also through the beautiful pictures you post. You are truly an inspiration to those families that are fighting the same battle as well as those that have no idea what it is like. As a mother of an almost 2-yr old little boy, I can only be amazed at how well you and Josh are handling this and pulling your family through it. Please know that I continue to spread your story and continue to pray that little Riley is cured of this horrible thing. Keep sharing the pictures and info and know what an inspiration you are to so many people, even those you don't know! Tell all the Mika's "hello" for us.

Jamie Bujnoch-Hatfield