I love this picture for 2 reasons - Mainly because she is so stinkin' cute, but also because I have always been drawn towards all things purple. Growing up I loved the color purple...only I had trouble pronouncing my r's, so it sounded more like puwple when I said it. One of my dad's favorite stories to tell is from one of our trips to the grocery store...we were standing in line and I was so excited to see the elderly lady in front of us had "a puwple purse, a puwple shirt, and puwple hair!"...and loudly pointed this out to everyone. Now, 20 something years later...it's funny to me that my life once again is revolving around the color purple. Purple is the color the American Cancer Society has designated to represent all cancer survivor's for their annual Relay for Life (these glasses were actually part of the gift given to Riley at this years Relay for Life in Brenham because she was the youngest Cancer Survivor there). Purple is the color, God willing, my now almost 4 year old daughter will proudly be wearing every year to participate in the Survivor's lap. Purple is the color that will now always bring a smile to my face, and purple is the hair color that I will glady sport to the grocery store 50 years from now to help make the day of another little girl in line with her father.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
My little purple people eater
Posted by Kari at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I agree she is an absolute cutie! And I don't even like purple very much.
VB
erinbuenger.blogspot.com
Post a Comment