Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Fun





We had a fun Halloween weekend. Riley and Hayden had fun trick-or-treating...when you looked past Riley's moodiness and Hayden's wanting to give everyone back their candy. It was his first experience with going door to door, and once he caught on he was golden. Now for Riley, I'm not sure what her issue was...when something wasn't going her way she would squeal and scream until everyone stopped to listen to her. It wasn't fun, but we still survived. Luckily I have a whole year to gear myself up for next Halloween.

We then spent the rest of the weekend at Josh's Aunt Carol and Uncle Dale's camp house, or camping house as Riley calls it. It was fun to play in the dirt, ride the mule, and just hang out. Sunday we headed to Brookshire and met some friends at Dewberry Farms. It is a super fun place for all ages to enjoy with tons of stuff to do. Unfortunately as soon as we arrived I was knocked down by the stomach bug and spent the day going back and forth to the bathroom...fun times. Luckily Aunt Carol, Reid and Hayes were there to take up my slack and we all made it home safely. I'm already looking forward to next year so I can really enjoy everything they have to offer.
Riley has been doing great, and staying well. I took her today to have her blood counts done, and then she and I got our flu shots. It was late in the day, so I didn't stick around to see what her counts were...I will get them first thing in the morning. Hopefully all is well, and it stays that way.
We want to give a quick congrats out to Paige...she had her final big chemo treatment last week and found out her bone marrow is still Leukemia free!! She has to take 6 months of chemo pills and then she is done!! We are so happy for you Paige, and proud of the battle you have fought!! I also want to give props to Josh...he shot a ten pointer opening weekend. Yea Daddy!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!




2 comments:

Shelby said...

too cute! is hayden carrying a microphone? i had the stomach flu last weekend as well... hmmm..

Anonymous said...

Adorable pics...Wow! what a year! Can't wait to see my great-niece and nephew! Glad Riley is doing so well! Julia and I were good and got our flu shots. The rest of the clan is slacking. They will get there, though! Kari, I'm glad you are feeling better (you too, Shelby!)I will see you both tomorrow for the baby shower. (Granny and Nana and Ninni, too!) Fun times! Love you all.....Dede