So, Riley had her blood rechecked today and while the numbers are up from last week...they are still not where they need to be. Her white count is up to 1,500 from last weeks 900. Her platelets are at 200, and her hemoglobin is 11.9. I found an ANC calculator online, and I have calculated it to be 200...we'll see how close I was when they call me back. I have a call in to the Leukemia nurses to see what the plan of action will be...although I'm fairly certain she won't be able to start back up on the chemo quite yet.
Riley continues to feel great...I think the break from chemo is helping in that aspect. Please continue the prayers for Riley-bee to stay well...we want to stay far away from TCH until we are scheduled to return on the 28th for her clinic appointment. Next weekend is the big wedding, and Riley is so looking forward to prancing around in her pretty dress...it is all she talks about. Also, send up some prayers for Paige...she is at MD receiving her 3rd round of chemo. She had a bone marrow aspirate done yesterday and she is still cancer free!!! While we are all sending up prayers, there is another little boy that was diagnosed last week with T-cell ALL. He is family to one of Josh's family friends, and is also being treated at Texas Children's. His name is Tanner Jorden and he is 2 1/2...and cute as can be. His website is www.caringbridge.org/visit/tannerj . So, go show them some love if you get a chance.
I will let everyone know if anything has changed once I hear back from the nurses/doctors...whether you really want to know or not. ;-)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Counts are still low
Posted by Kari at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment