Well...I am writing to you from the confines of Texas Children's, room 925. Yesterday Riley was running a fever pretty much all day, but it never got over 100.6. I called the doctor around 4, just to make sure it was okay to continue to monitor the situation...she suggested we bring her into the ER because it would probably be the middle of the night when her little body would decide to spike higher. Riley and I got to the ER around 6:30, where things moved at a super slow snail's pace. We finally got to room 925 at 1:30 this morning. Fun times!
Riley looks and acts like she feels great. They are thinking it is something viral, but are giving her 2 antibiotics because she spiked another fever this morning of 101.2. When they checked her counts in the ER her white count was 2.4, which isn't high but it isn't low...the kicker was her ANC was 0. We would have been okay to go home...but she has nothing in her to fight away infections. So, here we sit. We know we have to wait 48 hours from the last temp spike...so that puts us here until at least Tuesday. We HAVE to be out of here by the weekend for Shelby's wedding...even if I have to sneak her out in my bag. Please, please say some prayers for our Riley-bee, and I will update again when I know something more.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Our luck ran out...
Posted by Kari at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry to hear the bad news! I will pray really hard that no one misses the wedding this weekend.
we love you guys and will hit our knees for the princess. Our God is awesome and will answer our prayers
we are thinking about ya'll and praying hard. love you guys!
Found your website off of Chloe Schmidt. I am very interested in your story and will read up as our Chloe was diagnosed with ALL on Oct 19, 2007 and started treatment the 22st. Wow. We are exactly together in the process. Chloe is on Delayed Maintenance 2 until 8/26.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/chloedowney
Riley-bee, you know you have to be better so we can all see you walk down the aisle. (You will be the star....don't tell Shelby!!) We're praying hard, so get better, and we WILL see you this weekend! I love you all.....Dede
Post a Comment