This weekend the kids and I came to spend some time at my parent's house in Brenham. Josh went to go deer hunting for opening weekend, and we didn't want to be home alone. The weather has been so beautiful, we have spent most of the time enjoying it on the back porch.
It has been sort of an up and down weekend for Riley. These medicines are really tearing up her stomach, and she is just not feeling that grand. She had perked up a little this morning, but has been in and out since. She has taken a couple of naps, but nothing is helping. We have discovered that if you don't make eye contact, she is fine. The doctors say to still keep your limits with her acting up, but sometimes that just doesn't work. She only has about a week and a half left on her steroids, and things should start to settle down...we hope.
We are also discovering what a chore it is to find an exact temperature. We have been through 3 thermometers, all of which claim to be the best, and all 3 give different temperatures. Makes things a little difficult, when one of your major fears is fever. We took the average of all 3, and decided she was ok.
On an ending note, I want to give a "shout out" to my little sister Shelby. She got engaged last night!!!! Holla!!! What a cute little flower girl our princess will be!!!!


10 comments:
I'm glad y'all are spending time in Brenham. All of you deserve some R & R (and spoiling)!!! We would love to drive up for a quick visit tomorrow if possible... Janna is in town, so have been having fun together. She leaves tomorrow after church. Sorry Riley's tummy is bothering her, but so happy she is doing well otherwise. Tell me what "goodie" I can bring to make her feel better. Give her and Hayden lots of loving from Dede! I am so excited about Shelby! I'll have to give her a buzz. Can't wait for the fun to begin!! Love to all.....Dede
thanks for getting the word out for me.. hope you guys had fun planning my wedding without me!!
Dear Mika's:
I have been out of touch a few days and love being able to catch up by reading the website. I am glad to hear the good news from Wednesday's trip and you were able to make it back to do the Halloween thing. Even if it was only brief you will have great pictures to remember it by. I miss you all and hope I can see you soon. Hopefully this great weather helps everyone to feel better, I know I love it. See you all soon. Love, Christa
Kari and Josh,
Riley is such a precious little girl, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this journey. Glad she is doing good. Take care Patsy(Lisa's mom)
Be patient! trust your mommy instincts and let ruley know you love her no matter what. On the boundraies thing...keep them! Your goal is to come out of this with a sweet girl not a spoiled kid. Even when rilye feels bad she can and will be what you expect of her. Let everything else work itself out as you go along! We are praying!
Kerri Schaefer
Hi Riley!! Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I'll be getting my flu shot most likely tomorrow so I can come and see you soon!
God Bless,
Jon Oprea
Hey Riley! Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I am getting my flu shot most likely tomorrow afternoon so I can come see you soon! Hope everyone is doing well.
God Bless,
Jon O.
It was great to see you and bubby this weekend. I can't wait til you start feeling better and we can get back to dancing around! Mucho amor, as Dora might say.
Kari-
I used to babysit you and Jennifer and I also used to work with your mom at the Clinic. Your Uncle Robert told me the news about your daughter Riley. She is such a cute little girl. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Our Sunday School class is also praying for Riley.
Take Care-
Dayna
I have been thinking about and praying for you guys all day today. (and every day) I hope it all went well. I'm sure you're all exhausted. I had fun visiting on "the porch".!! It was great to see Riley, and Hayden, (the birthday boy!) Riley is being so strong, and Hayden is a hoot! We will see you at Granny's soon! Hugs, kisses, and love to all of you.......Dede
Post a Comment