
I was going through pictures, and couldn't resist sharing these pictures of Hayden. How can you not fall in love with that smile, those big blue eyes...that red hair!! He has just grown up so much in the last month or so, and I feel like we have missed most of it because we are so focused on Riley all of the time. This can't be easy on Hayden, either. Always getting juggled from place to place while we are in Houston. But, I know he is enjoying himself anywhere he goes...and getting so rotten in the mean time. He is such a sweet boy, too. I can tell he misses the old Riley, they used to always play together. When she is laying in my lap, he will climb up there with us and just hug and love on her...melts my heart.
I think we all miss the old Riley. She was such a free spirited lively little girl, always on the go...and talking non stop. Every now and then we will see that side of Riley again, but just for a few minutes. And I know I can't blame her for just wanting to lay around and sleep, but I am just ready to have my spunky princess back. This is all just starting to wear on her. This morning she woke up crying and mad. Mad at the world, mad because she feels so bad...and mostly mad because she couldn't figure out what she was hungry for. I'm ashamed to tell you what she had for breakfast, macaroni and cheese. I know we are supposed to be working on a low salt diet, but sometimes you will do whatever it takes to help your baby stop crying. But it's only a matter of time until the old Riley is back for good.
Sorry for the sappy post...I think everything is just starting to sink in and take it's toll. But, I promise I am moving past it...and will only have happy positive thoughts from now on.
Oh, and I also want to take this time to say Thank you to everyone. Thanks for the thoughts, the prayers, the gifts. It is still so overwhelming to Josh and I the amount of support from everyone. People we don't even know are sending prayer grams and donations...from the bottom of my heart thank you. No one ever wants to be put in this situation, but it is because of all of you that we are going to be able to pull through this. Please keep the prayers and thoughts coming.

This picture was taken in September, before this all started, and it will always be one of my favorites.


2 comments:
Kari, you have a perfect right to be "sappy". You are being so strong. I don't know how you do it. I would take your place if I could. You are doing a great job. I am so proud of you. The kids are precious. I need to send you the porch pictures. That one of Hayden with his big blue eyes is adorable! They are just as beautiful as Riley's big brown eyes!! Can't wait to see them both! I hope you have lots of mac and cheese on hand! I love you all.....Dede
Kari, I have been keeping in touch with your mom. I told her I was keeping up with you guys through your blogs, but hadn't posted because I wasn't quite sure what to say. After reading today I just wanted to tell you we have been praying for not only Riley but your entire family. I've always thought a lot of ya'll and know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you!!! Love, Dixie
Post a Comment