Just when you think you are going to have a low-key, laid back weekend...plans change. Riley woke up from her nap Saturday afternoon and felt very hot. Took her temperature and it was 101.3, and quickly started rising. So, we got to make the trek to Texas Children's ER, and because her counts were so low they decided we needed to be admitted for antibiotics. They haven't really figured out what the problem is, but they are assuming it is something viral. Her cough has started back up along with the runny nose, and she has still been complaining about her stomach hurting.
So, we are just sitting and waiting. She spiked another fever this afternoon, so we know we will at least be here until this time tomorrow to make sure she doesn't run anymore fever. We are hoping our regular oncologist will be in the clinic tomorrow and come to check on us. It's just so hard when you see so many different doctors, they all have different opinions.
I will update tomorrow as soon as we know more...if that actually ever happens. Until then we are spending time in our first home away from home, room 914. That's the room we were in the first week of diagnosis...it just feels right. Until then....
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Hanging out in 914
Posted by Kari at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Kari, you let me know what I can do. I am in the same city, for heaven's sake. Just call me. I will be there and do whatever I can. I am praying for all of you. Get better fast, Riley! We love you all.....Dede
Kari, I'm starting volunteer work at TCH ER and actually had orientation there yesterday afternoon. My volunteer nights are Monday evenings, so I told Kelly, if I know you guys are there, I would stop by. Unfortunately, I cannot make it there tonight because I have a flat tire. Let me know if I can do anything for you....I don't live or work too far away.
Alison
Riley-
I hope you feel good enough to enjoy the hotel TCH! Go do some fun crafts and make a mess! Eat everything you can think of and go for Mickey D's atleast three times each day! I know you are sad to be there, but the nurses are WONDERFUL if you take your meds and smile nicely! Malachi found out if you say thank you after they do something YUCKY they will be even nicer to you! We are praying for you as always!
Kerri
www.carepages.com
visit:buddhabelly
Post a Comment