Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Riley remains a mystery

Same story...different day. Riley is still running fever, and they still don't know why. They have now decided that there was a small amount of a bacteria in her urine sample from Saturday in the ER, so we are now going to get another antibiotic to treat whatever they found. The resident doctor that came in early this morning said they usually don't like to still see fevers after being on an antibiotic for 5 days, which means there may be some sort of fungal infection somewhere. But when the attending doctor rounded this afternoon they said nothing about that. So, who do you believe? Riley is still not eating, but her tummy continues to get bigger...of course they had no answers for this because she has good bowel sounds. She just remains to be a mystery. Although, I still think it's the cursed room.
I have tried to download pictures for the blog, but my connection is not fast enough and it is taking forever. I will add them all once we get back home. Thank you everyone for your prayers, please keep them up. There are a lot of sick little ones on the 9th floor, most of them with fever and also all the crud being passed around because of this crazy weather. Of course Hayden is sick, too. He went to the doctor this morning with a cough and fever, and was told he has a respiratory infection. It would be too easy to only have one sick kid at a time. But he is in good hands at Nani and Papo's house, he has a blast riding around on the lawn mower.
Hopefully we will have some answers tomorrow, or at least no more fever. I will keep you posted either way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Riley and Family,
We are always thinking and praying for you. We hope you will be feeling better soon and can go home.
With Love,
Rachel Moeller

Dede said...

Kari, you are such a strong girl, and I support you in any way I can. I just want to help. You and Josh are such great parents and Kay and Ben are the best in the world. What more could you ever ask for? God is watching her and will take care of her. She is strong. And she has big bro Hayden to take care of her for the rest of her life, so no worries there. Just take care of yourselves so that you are healthy to take care of them. They need you and rely on you. You have done such a swell job of being there 24-7 and taking care of things and I am so proud of you. You are a wonderful mother and your love shines through. We all love you here and are pulling and praying for Miss Riley-Beth. Give her kisses and Hugs from Dede and Tim (and Josh and Jake and Janna and Jon and Julia!!) We love you all and are right around the corner for you......so call me!!!! I love you all dearly.Dede....